Corporate Social Responsibility
We continue to make steady progress on our corporate governance, environmental, safety and social objectives, reflecting our continued dedication to working towards achieving best practice in all those areas within the UK construction industry.
We are aware that we form an integral part of the communities in which we operate. We are committed to ensuring that the genuine needs, views and interests of the local community are taken into consideration and we are sensitive to the impact our operations may have on our neighbours, particularly those in the immediate vicinity of our architectural masonry, roof tile, walling stone, and cast stone manufacturing facilities.
We have a well-established practice of supporting well-focused initiatives in education, environmental protection and job creation at a corporate level. At business unit level, our support is very much focused on worthy local neighbour and community initiatives. All our support initiatives are monitored centrally and reported annually
to the Ibstock PLC Board.
Our social policy is to:
- Comply, at a minimum, with all applicable legislation and to ensure that our social stewardship moves towards our industry’s best practice
- Ensure that our employees, contractors and suppliers are aware of the Group’s social responsibilities
- Manage our businesses in a fair and equitable manner, meeting all our social responsibilities as an employer
- Apply the principle of equal opportunity, valuing diversity regardless of age, gender, disability, creed, ethnic origin or sexual orientation, while insisting that merit is the ultimate basis for recruitment and selection decisions
- Ensure that we deal with our suppliers and customers in accordance with our Code of Business Conduct and the Ibstock plc Code of Conduct.