"The Government is increasing its focus on sustainable development. Many construction companies now recognise the need to prove building products that have a sustainable footprint. 'Green' claims are easy to make, but much harder to substantiate."
"Forticrete has a strong commitment to the environment and sustainable building. The company has already been awarded the ISO 14001 environment management standard. I am very pleased to announce that we have now been awarded the BES 6001 standard. This covers our entire product range. The standard has been achieved by all our manufacturing sites. This is a truly fantastic achievement."
"The Code for Sustainable Homes also recognises the BES 6001 standard. This gives developers using certified products additional credits. This accreditation will give our customers peace of mind. Irrespective of which product or site they utilise, reaching their sustainability targets will be a much easier process."
Mark Houghton, Managing Director, Ibstock Concrete Division
Forticrete's accreditations & manufacturing standards:
- BS EN 9001:2015: every manufacturing facility is registered to the international standard for quality based on third-party assessment
- Kitemarking: many of our products fly the prestigious BS Kitemark
- ISO 14001, Environmental Management Systems: all of our manufacturing facilities are certified to this standard
- BES 6001, Responsible Sourcing: The company has also gained the rating of "very good" for BES 6001 across its Masonry, Roofing and Walling product factories demonstrating responsible sourcing, and also holds the rating of "good" for its Cast Stone manufacturing facilities.
- BS5534 2014 & A2:2018 – the code of practice for roof slating & tiling sets the standard for all aspects of pitched roofing. Providing the industry with guidance on best practice.
- BS8612 – Is a new British standard launched in 2018 and is designed to cover all dry fix ridge, verge and hip products. Forticrete welcome the introduction of this new standard as is should protect against lower quality products being available on the market.
- Lead Sheet Association (LSA) – provides technical information on the design and specification of rolled lead sheet.
- BS8000:6 – Code of practice for Workmanship on Building Sites
- HSG33 – Health and Safety in Roof Work
- INDG284 - Working on Roofs (HSE)
- BS EN 490 – Forticrete roof tiles are manufactured in accordance with BS EN 490 Concrete roofing tiles and fittings for roof covering and wall cladding. Product specifications
- NHBC Chapter 7.2 - gives guidance on meeting the Technical Requirements and recommendations for pitched roofs.
- BS EN 491 - Forticrete roof tiles conform to the test methods in BS EN 491 Concrete roofing tiles and fittings for roof covering and wall cladding.
- BS 5250 - Code of Practice for control of condensation in buildings.
- National Planning Policy Framework.
Forticrete is also accredited to Achilles - Building Confidence.
- BES 6001 Cast Stone Products
- BES 6001 Masonry, Roofing, and Walling Products
- BPCF Sustainability Charter Member
- Forticrete Responsible Sourcing Policy - April 2018
- ISO 9001-2015 Certificate for Roofing QMS
- ISO 9001-2015 for Walling, Cast Stone and Masonry QMS
- ISO 14001 Certificate EMS 74048
- Safety Data Sheet